ADVERTISEMENT

09262016n-dig

09262016n-dig

Bob Ellis/staff photographer

Brant Venables, of SUNY Binghamton, screens soil during an archaeological dig Saturday outside the octagonal schoolhouse in the town of Dryden. The school was in operation from 1827 until the 1940s.

Brant Venables, of SUNY Binghamton, screens soil during an archaeological dig Saturday outside the octagonal schoolhouse in the town of Dryden. The school was in operation from 1827 until the 1940s.