March 19, 2019


Become a Carrier | Newspapers in Education

What if I have questions about my subscription invoice or account?

Contact Customer Service at (607) 756-5665.. We will be happy to assist you with billing and account questions. Circulation Customer Service is open 8 a.m. through 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. through 4 p.m. on Saturday.

What time should I expect to receive my newspaper?

Cortland Standard home delivery subscribers can expect to receive their newspaper no later than 6 p.m. Any occasional delays are most likely due to weather or production problems.

What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?

Notify us if your newspaper has not arrived by the end of customer service hours (5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday; 4 p.m. on Saturday).

Why can’t the carrier deliver my paper in my mailbox?

Unfortunately, postal regulations forbid us from using your mailbox as a newspaper delivery receptacle. On occasion, a carrier tries to accommodate a subscriber by using the mailbox, and we get reminded by the Postmaster that this is illegal. Because our carriers should all know that mailboxes are forbidden, it also counts against them as a service error.

How can I temporarily stop my delivery while I am out of town or on vacation?

Delivery can be temporarily stopped while you are away. Simply visit Circulation Customer Service or call them at (607) 756-5665. Please note that your request must be received and entered into our circulation system by 9 a.m. in order to start or stop delivery that day. A voicemail is acceptable outside customer service hours.

How do I buy back issues of the paper?

If you live in the area, come in to our main lobby to purchase back issues of the Cortland Standard. We try to have papers available from as far back as 5 year ago. However, we may be out of specific days.

How do I (or my child) become a Cortland Standard carrier?

We would love to talk with you! Contact the Circulation Customer Service at (607) 756-5665 to ask for an application and discover what opportunities for route work are available.

Support your schools. Donate to Newspapers In Education.

Instead of extending your expiration date when you go on vacation, consider donating the value of that time to the Newspapers In Education program. Your contribution will help put the Cortland Standard in classrooms throughout the circulation area. Just tell your circulation representative that you want your vacation to go to NIE.

To subscribe, click here or call (607) 756-5665.