Cortland County adds 22 cases
Cortland County reported 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases Tuesday and Wednesday, raising the number of confirmed cases to 1,022 — 931 new cases since Aug. 21. Four people remain hospitalized.
In all, 2,381 cases have been confirmed in Cayuga, Tompkins and Cortland counties and nine people have died.
The Cortland County Health Department was monitoring 720 patients, 129 of them confirmed positive. Four people are hospitalized, bringing to 15 the number hospitalized since the pandemic began. The Cortland County Health Department has received 41,818 negative test results. The county has reported one death.
Tompkins County reported 31 new cases Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases rising to 765, according to the state Health Department. A total of 553,662 have been tested. Three people have died.
In Cayuga County, the state Health Department reported 21 new cases Monday and Tuesday. Confirmed cases rose to 594. The state reports 59,053 people have been tested. Five people have died.
SUNY Cortland: 18 new cases
SUNY Cortland reported 18 new confirmed cases of coronavirus Wednesday and Thursday, bringing the total to 696 since students began returning for the fall, 83 of them active, the college reported.
The college is at 61 cases of its 100-case limit between Nov. 7 and Nov. 20, and the State University of New York has continued restrictions to remote only learning in place since Oct. 7.
The college has 50 students quarantined on campus pending test results; 48 others are in isolation.
Cases regarding SUNY Cortland students are reported to the county health department of the student’s residence, so some student cases may not be included with Cortland County Health Department data.
Virus cases at colleges
Cornell University has reported 174 confirmed cases since Aug. 15. It hasn’t reported any cases since Monday. It was at four cases of its 100-case limit between Nov. 7 and Nov. 20 before it must move to remote learning.
Tompkins Cortland Community College has reported 15 cases since Aug. 1, including 11 cases on Sunday. It has moved to remote-only learning through the coming Sunday. The college has tested 820 people. On Thursday, 69 people were quarantined and seven were in isolation.
Since the school year began, here are how many cases of COVID-19 have been reported at schools, according to the state Health Department.
Lansing test center open Saturday
LANSING — Cayuga Health will have its mass sampling center open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday in response to an increase in the number of coronavirus cases and exposure in Tompkins County, the health network announced Thursday.
The center is in the parking lot of The Shops at Ithaca Mall, 40 Catherwood Road and is staffed by Cayuga Health employees. Regular hours for pre-scheduled drive through testing will remain the same: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
People seeking a test can go to www.cayugahealth.org to review the criteria and schedule an appointment. A call center is available at 607-319-5708.
The Cortland and Tompkins county health department have confirmed 12 locations of potential exposure to a person with COVID-19:
- Walmart, 819 Bennie Road, Cortland (employee) — 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 1; 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 4.
- St. Charles Bar, 83 Central Ave., Cortland (patron) — 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 5.; 5 to 6 p.m. Nov. 6; noon to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Dasher’s, 2 N. Main St., Homer (patron) — 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Nov. 6.
- Trax Pub and Grill, 2000 Route 392, Cortland (patron) 3 to 4 p.m. Nov. 6.
- Malarkey’s Pub & Grub, 2 E. Main St., McGraw (patron) — 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Gators Tavern, 83 Owego St., Cortland (patron) — 4 to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Green Arch Restaurant, 107 Elm St., Cortland (patron) 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles, 155 Port Watson St., Cortland (patron) —5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Pudgie’s Pizza, 75 N. Main St., Cortland (employee) — 5 to 9 p.m. Monday.
- Applebee’s, 856 Route 13, Cortland (patron) — 8 to 9:30 p.m. Nov. 5.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 872 Route 13, Cortland (patron) — 8 to 9 p.m. Nov. 5.
- Target Customer Service Desk, 40 Catherwood Road, Lansing (employee) — 1:45 to 10:30 p.m. Nov. 3.