CORTLAND — Six Cortland Purple Tigers varsity sports teams earned Fall 2020 NYSPHSAA scholar-athlete nominations, the school announced Friday.
Teams earn nominations by having 75 percent or more of its players maintain a grade point average of 90 percent or higher.
Individual athletes earn nominations by maintaining a 90 percent grade-point-average on their own.
- The Purple Tigers girls’ soccer team led all Cortland teams with a 96.8 average GPA. Individual honors went to Caleigh Chase, Madelynn Constantino, Valerosa Gambitta, Alexandra Gier, Makala Gutchess, Kristen Merritt, Karamia Montalvo, Lauren Mott, Hannah Partigianoni, Ella Quick, Quick, Maia Quick, Claire Turner and Mallory Turner.
- The field hockey team earned an average GPA of 95.24. Individual honors went to Cordelia Bair, Makayla Cotterill, Kylie Davie, Sarah Davis- Howard, Claire Dearie, Megan Harrington, Rachel Kline, Kadison MacNabb, Celeste Perkins, Isabella Smith, Gabriella State and Chaenaya Underwood.
- The girls’ tennis team averaged a 95.3 GPA, with individual honors going to Ielyzaveta Antonova, Ellen Conlon, Samantha Engst-Mansilla, Julia Guest, Rowan Harbin, Olivia Magin, Olivia McKenna, Margaret Starr, Molly Steve, Jordan Vail and Alexendra Zacek.
- The golf team earned a 93.9 GPA. Individual honorees were Jason Carr, Caden Congdon, Ethan Hay, Kooper Knabe, Benjamin McGrath, Andrew Partigianoni, Carter Urtz and Liam Woodard
- The boys’ cross country team had a 93.32 average GPA. Individual honors went to Luca Canzano, Joseph Cataldo, Luciano DeVito, Asa Terwilliger and Jared Valentin.
- The boys’ soccer team put together a 93.86 average GPA. Maximillian Gambitta, Kymani Getfield, Caleb Marsh, Matthew Meagley, Alexander Musci, Max Queen, Owen Riley, John Ryan, Henry Storch, Dennis Topchiy and Nicholas Yonta earned individual honors.
- Alexis Brown also earned individual honors from the girls’ cross country team.