Cortland County: 33 new cases
Cortland County reported 33 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 Saturday and Sunday, raising the number of confirmed cases to 3,710.
In all, 72 new cases were confirmed over the weekend in Cortland, Tompkins and Cayuga counties, bringing them to 12,529 cases since the pandemic began. No new deaths were reported, the number of people who have died from the virus remaining 196.
- The Cortland County Health Department was monitoring 417 patients, 108 of them confirmed positive. Ten people are hospitalized, bringing to 176 the number hospitalized since the pandemic began. The Cortland County Health Department has received 83,466 negative test results. The county has reported 23 deaths in addition to 39 who died at nursing homes — 20 at Cortland Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15 at Crown Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center and four at Guthrie Cortland Medical Center’s nursing and rehabilitation facility.
- Tompkins County reported 17 new cases over the weekend. The number of confirmed cases rose to 3,452, reports the state Health Department. A total of 1,371,761 people have been tested. Forty-two Tompkins residents have died, including 10 at Oak Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center, state data show, six at Beechtree Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, three at Groton Community Health Care Center and two at Cayuga Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- In Cayuga County, the state Health Department reported 22 new cases Saturday and Sunday. Confirmed cases rose to 5,367. The state reports 137,098 people have been tested. Eighty-eight people have died, the state reports, including 48 at The Commons on St. Anthony and two at Auburn Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- SUNY Cortland reported three new cases on campus Saturday, but none Sunday. Sixty-nine people were in isolation and 74 in quarantine. It has reported 276 cases since Jan. 16, but that includes positive cases of all SUNY Cortland students anywhere, not necessarily those in Cortland. Campus testing has shown 186 cases this semester and 102 in the past 14 days. It reported 781 cases between Aug. 26 and Jan. 9, college and State University of New York data show.
- Cornell University reported three cases Thursday, bringing it to 700 confirmed cases since Aug. 15. It was at 30 positive cases between Feb. 13 and Feb. 26.
- Tompkins Cortland Community College reported two cases Thursday. It has reported three cases in the past 14 days, two among students and one employee. The total was 24 cases since Aug. 1. The college has tested 2,673 people. Four students were quarantined; two were isolated.
Since the school year began, here are how many cases of COVID-19 have been reported at schools, according to the New York State Health Department.
Cayuga offers testing clinic
The Cayuga County Health Department and Auburn Community Hospital will offer a no cost COVID-19 drive-through testing clinic Wednesday for people either with or without symptoms.
This clinic will be 10 a.m. to noon at Auburn Community Hospital. Enter via the helipad entrance on Lansing Street.
Appointments are required. Go to www.cayugacounty.us/health and clicking on the “COVID-19 Clinics” button.