Cortland County reports 9 new cases
Cortland County reported nine new confirmed cases of COVID-19 Friday, raising the number of confirmed cases to 4,118.
In all, 45 cases were reported in Cortland, Tompkins and Cayuga counties, bringing to 13,843 the number of people who have contracted coronavirus since the pandemic began in March 2020. No new deaths were reported, the number of people who have died from the virus remaining at 205.
• The Cortland County Health Department was monitoring 213 patients, 61 of them confirmed positive. Three people are hospitalized. Since the pandemic began,188 people have been hospitalized. The Cortland County Health Department has
received 100,514 negative test results. The county has reported 62 deaths.
• Tompkins County reported nine new cases Friday. The number of confirmed cases rose to 3,980, reports the state Health Department. A total of 1,930,599 people have been tested. Forty-nine Tompkins residents have died.
• In Cayuga County, the state HealthDepartment reported 27 new cases Friday. Confirmed cases rose to 5,745. The state reports 164,225 people have been tested. Ninety people have died, the state reports.
Since the school year began, here are how many cases of COVID-19 have been reported at schools, according to the New York State Health Department.
93,639 receive COVID vaccine in 3 counties
The state Health Department has reported that 16,909 Cortland County residents have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, or 35.4% of the county’s population.
In Tompkins County, 49,788 people have received at least one dose, or 48.4% of the population. Cayuga County has seen 26,942 people with at least one dose, or 34.9% of the population.
Statewide, 7.19 million people have received at least one dose, or 36% of the state’s population.
• SUNY Cortland reported no new cases Friday. Twelve people were in isolation and 13 in quarantine. It has reported 428 cases since Jan. 16, but that includes positive cases of all SUNY Cortland students anywhere, not necessarily those in Cortland. Campus testing has shown 290 cases this semester and 13 in the past 14 days. It reported 781 cases between Aug. 26 and Jan. 9, college and State University of New York data show.
• Cornell University reported two cases Wednesday, but none Thursday, bringing it to 1,038 confirmed cases since Aug. 15 — 17 new cases since April 2. Its two-week rolling positivity rate was 0.11%.
• Tompkins Cortland Community College reported its latest case April 1. The total was 28 cases since Aug. 1 and one in the previous 14 days. The college has tested 4,516 people. One student was quarantined; two were isolated.