Tompkins County offers child vaccination clinics
LANSING — Vaccination clinics for children 5 to 11 will be today and Saturday at the Ithaca mall vaccination site, the Tompkins County Health Department reported
The clinics will be 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- To register for today, go to https://tinyurl.com/3t9vwp9k. The second-dose clinic will be Dec. 3.
- To register for Saturday, go to https://tinyurl.com/pp5468mk. The second-dose clinic will be Dec. 4.
Children can also be vaccinated at pharmacies and medical offices, the county reports.
For answers to frequently asked questions, go to: https://tinyurl.com/378h2vwb.
Cortland County adds 12 COVID cases, one death
Cortland County had not updated its COVID-19 data Thursday, but confirmed 11 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing it to 6,593 cases.
Tompkins and Cayuga counties reported 99 new cases Wednesday. The number of people who have contracted the virus increased to 22,610 across Cortland, Tompkins and Cayuga counties since the pandemic began in March 2020. The number of people who have died from the virus remains 253.
- The Cortland County Health Department was monitoring 477 patients, 128 of them confirmed positive. Three people were hospitalized. Since the pandemic began, 327 people have been hospitalized. The Cortland County Health Department has received 166,410 negative test results. The county has reported 85 deaths.
- Tompkins County reported 47 new cases Wednesday and Thursday, reports the state Health Department. The number of confirmed cases rose to 6,871. The state reports 2,682,187 had been tested by Wednesday. Sixty Tompkins residents have died.
- In Cayuga County, the state Health Department reported 52 new cases Wednesday and Thursday. Confirmed cases rose to 9,146. The state reports 269,553 people had been tested by Wednesday. The state reports 108 people have died.
149,185 receive COVID vaccine in 3 counties
The state Health Department reported Wednesday 26,838 Cortland County residents have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, or 56.1% of the county’s total population and 65% of its people over 18. A total of 52.5% of the county has been fully vaccinated.
In Tompkins County, 77,479 people have received at least one dose, or 75.4% of the population and 82% of people over 18; 69.1% are fully vaccinated. In Cayuga County, 44,868 residents have received at least one dose, or 58.2% of the total population and 67.7% of people over 18; 53.9% are fully vaccinated.
Statewide, 14.49 million people have received at least one dose, or 75.1% of the state’s population and 88.5% of its people over 18; 67.3% of the total population is fully vaccinated, as is 79.4% of its people over 18.
Cortland County rate now at 298 per 100,000
Cortland County reported 142 new cases of coronavirus from Nov. 3 to Tuesday.
The national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Cortland has 298.44 new cases per 100,000 people over the past week.
Cortland County was listed as having a “high risk” of transmission. The CDC recommends indoor masking in counties that exceed 50 cases per 100,000 over seven days.
The rates and risk, from the CDC:
Cortland: 298.44 — high
Tompkins: 122.33 — high
Cayuga: 238.98 — high
Onondaga: 249.06 — high
Broome: 331.78 — high
Chenango: 262.67 — high
Tioga: 502.04 — high
Madison: 283.33 — high